I have never been a theme park fanatic and do not have the desire to collect pins or any memorabilia from parks. With a little one and many theme parks close by, it's inevitable that we go to theme parks. A lot of our friends hold annual passes to Disneyland because they love going there for a few hours and don't feel rush to do everything all in one day.
We have elected not to get season passes to Disneyland for several reasons:
- The annual passes are expensive. They start at $550 / per person and does not include parking.
- I feel if you go too often, it loses it magic.
- It's too crowded and I am not a fan of crowds.
- There's so much to see and do in Southern California that I don't want to feel obligated to go to Disneyland because I have the pass.
This post is not about fashion but more about what I recommend wearing on hot and crowded day to a theme park.
Without further ado, here's my list:
- Cotton! Think of fabrics that breathe.
- Light colors. Again on hot day, I do not want to wear a dark color shirt to absorb unnecessary heat.
- Light layers. If you plan to be at the park the whole day, it will be chilly in the morning and hot in the afternoon and cool down after the sun sets. It's a good idea to have a light sweater or scarf for those moments.
- Sun protection. That could in the form of hats and/or sunglasses. I totally forgot my hat on this day and I lucked out that the morning was pretty overcast. A lot of the lines you are waiting can be outside and you do not want to burn your scalp.
- Comfortable footwear. This maybe a given but I did not listen to my own advice. I did not want to wear my sneakers that have more support because it didn't match with my outfit. And by the end of the day, my feet was so sore and tired.
On a unrelated note, I don't know how people can looks so put together at theme parks. As you can see in these pictures. I look pretty ragged from the heat and my hair was a hot mess. I really keep my outfit pretty simple to make sure I am comfortable.
Loft Scallop Lace Riviera Shorts Same
My throw back goes back to the last time I feature what I wore to Disneyland/California Adventure back in October 2012 (original post here).
Linking up with these fabulous ladies:
Mix and Match Fashion's Work Style, Living in Color, Sincerely Jeanna Marie, Pastries, Pumps & Pi, Penniless Socialite & The Tiny Heart's Look What I've Got, A Labour of Life, Lisa a La Mode, Curly Crafty Mom, Two Thirty-Five Designs, Penniless Socialite, Style Elixir, Rachel the Hat, Fashion Should Be Fun, Classy Yet Trendy & Birdie Shoots.
Time for the link up. I can't wait to see all the great styles out there! Please also link back my blog page to your post. I really appreciate it and thank you so much for linking up! Please make sure you stop by and check out all the great styles that are linking up too.